We understand the fear that arises when there are mental health and memory changes with no clear answers and confusion about where to go for help.
We're here to help...
We want you to have tools to help your loved one get the specialized care they need so that you both gain peace of mind.
Step 1: Understand Memory Loss & Dementia
- Learn the difference between dementia and Alzheimer's Disease.
- Get a checklist of the 10 dementia warning signs
- Gain clarity about why early diagnosis of dementia is important
Step 2: Learn about Mental Health Among Older Adults
- Get a checklist of the signs and symptoms of depression in older adults
- Learn what happens if depression goes untreated in older adults.
Step 3: How to help your older loved one
- Concerned about memory loss or mental health concerns? The steps in this section will guide you in what to do next to help your loved one
Step 4: Next Steps for Evaluation
- The healthcare system can be overwhelming and confusing. We'll walk you through where to start and where you might be referred for further evaluation.
Step 5: Know the different professionals
- The glossary of professionals in this guide will help you become familiar with some of the professionals who specialize with older adults and families.